As I plow through the 6th edit of SOULRAZOR with the hopes of actually having it done a couple of days before the release date, I can’t help but think on things that would be more pleasant than reading my own novel for the 17th time. A few quick things come to mind…I’d rather do any of these than edit right now.
1. Be eaten by a menstruating T-Rex who thinks that I look like her ex-husband.
2. Be taken hostage by the Teletubbies.
3. Be Roofied and locked in a small room with a psychotic clown.
4. Be introduced to my shiny new cell in a remote Turkish prison.
5. Be handcuffed to Justin Bieber and forced to listen to him sing all of his hits without any way of retaliating against him.
6. Have my body shaved and painted neon green.
7. Be left in the middle of the desert with nothing but a bottle of steak sauce.
8. Eat Sauerkraut.
9. Relive my first day of high school.
10. Be given a gender-change operation where the doctor uses nothing but a broken whiskey bottle and a Handi-Wipe.
So, yeah…as you can surely tell, editing is lots of fun.
In any case, SOULRAZOR releases this Friday the 16th. Stay tuned for a Twitter-related contest around the day of release. And, whatever you do, have fun.