Well, I’m mostly back to blogging. Let’s call it a slow re-integration.
It was a good (partial) break. It’s amazing how so much can stack up and just threaten to drown you, especially when you’re trying to spend time with your family, work through audits and Quarter-end, and figure out financial aid for your daughter’s tuition. Oh, yeah, and edit and write and stuff.
Before we get too far, seeing as how it’s Friday the 13th and all, I’m giving away free copies of something black… and both volumes of Tales of A Blood Earth. Grab yourself a Kindle copy if you haven’t already.
Chances are you already know about the fact that Blood Skies is now free, as well. If not…well, grab yourself a copy of that one, too. =D
So, here’s what Steve has been up to on the writing front in his (brief) absence from the blogsphere…
– Check out my second blog post for Guild of Dreams: Get Your Plot Out of My Pants. It’s a brief and hopefully amusing glimpse into my so-called writing process.
– I’ve sent the first 14 (of 22) chapters of Crown of Ash through the edit grinder about three to four times each, and I’m very pleased with the results. While the biggest chapters are still looming over the horizon, my overall progress has been good, and I’m starting to feel confident about this book’s quality. Look for a release sometime in late August.
– I’ve written a guest post for the remarkable best-selling author John Marco, where I’ll give everyone the proverbial low-down on what it means to be an Indie Author. John said we’ll see that post go up probably early next week.
– While The Witch’s Eye is on hold for the moment, I’ve written nearly 70% of the rough draft, and I have a solid feel for where the rest of the book is going. I’m pumped about the series right now, it’s shaping out better than I could ever dreamed!
– I’ve begun plotting my next fiction series for after I’m all finished with Blood Skies. This is a ways off — not till 2014 or 2015 at the earliest — but it’s been fun throwing the ideas around. (Let’s just say it’ll be something involving crime noir, gangsters, a stranded city, urban fantasy…and super heroes. Stay tuned.)
In the meantime, here’s what you can expect here at Blood Skies central in the near future…
– A few Indue author spotlights are on the horizon. There are some great writers out there. I’m going to help you find them. Check back soon.
– The Indie Writer’s Unite! Summer Blog Hop. This is going to be a massive blog hop featuring tons of cool prizes — starts in just another 1-2 weeks!
– Over the next few weeks I’ll wax nostalgic about Fighting Fantasy adventure game books, the Savage Dragon, and the movies that shaped my twisted childhood.
– And, of course, we’ll have your regular Blood Skies features: Music Mondays, Picture Fridays, Six-Sentence Sundays, and whatever else I feel like jamming into your cyber eye-sockets.
Hope everyone is having a terrific summer!