It was one year ago today, April 18th, that I first launched this blog.
I had no clue what I was no doing. I had a book that needed to be edited. I had no cover. I had only a handful of Twitter followers. I had, literally, no idea what was going to happen.
Fast forward to today. No, I’m not exactly prepping to quit my job and become a full-time writer just yet. But I am older, wiser, and maybe just a bit more confident about this whole writing thing. And here’s what else I’ve done…
* I’ve written 3 books (and I’m working on number 4) and 2 short stories specifically for publication.
* I’ve learned what a bad ass my wife Liberty is. Without her love and support, I never would have even made it through the first month.
* I’ve met (in a virtual sense) dozens of Indie authors. They’re some of the nicest damn people you ever will meet. Jen Kirchner, Alan Edwards, Candice Bundy, Amber West and Tiffany A. White are just a few members of my posse, who I refer to as the Supreme Overlords of Awesomesauce Power, or…SOAP. (Yeah, I need to come up with a new acronym…)
* I’ve gained great insight into the nature of writing, promotion, blogging, and how to juggle eighteen jobs without completely losing my mind. (Note: wine helps.)
* I’ve sold nearly 1,500 copies of my novels. And here my original target was something like….100. So that’s pretty good, eh?
To celebrate my Blogiversary (Liberty has assured me this is an actual word), I’m making Book 1 of the BLOOD SKIES series (aka “The Book that Started It All”) Free for Kindle all day today. Pop on over to Amazon and grab a copy.
Whether or not you grab a copy or own one already, THANK YOU. Thanks for supporting me, and thanks for supporting Indie Authors. We really appreciate it.