The big day is here. Finally. It feels like Book 4 has been about a million years in the making. Thanks for all of your patience.
I’ve blogged before about how hard you have to work as an Indie Author. I’m not saying “traditional” authors don’t work just as hard — I wouldn’t know, because I’m not one of them. All I know is that, as an Indie, I bust my ass. Every Indie I know who really cares about their work busts their ass, too. Best of all, we bust our asses together. A lot of people poured a lot of time and energy into making CROWN OF ASH come to life:
My wife Liberty, who spent countless hours making this beautiful site, put together a launch team for the novel, brainstormed ideas with me, and just put up with all my crap.
Barry Currey, who crafted the beautiful cover together and who puts up with my wishy-washy brain.
Jen Kirchner, who gives me good, honest feedback, and who puts up with my crabby online moods.
The entire crew at Guild of Dreams, who agreed to host a flurry of guest excerpts and book release blurbs in celebration of the release.
The afore-mentioned launch team (Jen Kirchner, Alan Edwards, Melissa Nile, Craig McGray, Danielle Duffield, and Dallas Rae Funk), who’ve contributed ideas, time and effort to read and review the book and listen to more of my silly ramblings.
And, of course, the readers. All of you awesome readers. If not for you willing to take a chance and support us Indies, none of us would have a ghost of a chance at this. I’m delighted, honored, thrilled, and, I’ll admit it, still a little surprised with each and every sale I make. Thank you for supporting me, and for supporting all Indie authors. Now let’s see if I can’t say thanks to everyone at once.
This is a tough biz. It requires a lot of work, a lot of patience, a lot of sweat and tears, and more than a few brain cells. I’ve met with a modicum of success, so now I’m going to try and help out some of my homiest of homies.
So here’s how you can help support Indie authors, and get some free stuff in the process. It’s a bit complicated, but trust me, it’ll be fun. And you’ll be supporting some very good folks.
HERE’S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1) Buy a copy of CROWN OF ASH by the end of Monday, 8/20.
2) Pick one of the books listed below. No, most of them aren’t out yet. No, I’m not entirely sure when they’ll all be out. That’s not the point. The point is, pick one.
3) Forward me the e-mail receipt from your purchase to email@example.com no later than MIDNIGHT MONDAY PST. Include your choice of books from the list below, and what format you desire (Kindle, Nook, etc.). As you know, no vital information comes on those e-mail receipts, aside from your e-mail address, which I’ll need anyways. Fear not, your e-mail will NEVER be used to send you spam, marketing, or any other such nonsense. It will be used for one thing, and one thing only.
4) Within 1-2 weeks after the book of your choice has been published, I’ll send you a free copy of that book via e-mail.
5) If, for whatever reason, it becomes clear that the book of your choice is never going to be released (because, you know, stuff happens), or if it isn’t available in the format you desire, I’ll instead give you a copy of The Witch’s Eye when it’s released in early 2013. Neat-o, eh?
So there you have it. Buy my book, get another great Indie read for free.
The books you may choose from are:
– Macao Station, a sci-fi/horror from Mike Berry, author of Xenoform
– The Fourth Channel, a suspense/adventure novel about the world’s worst necromancer, by Jen Kirchner
– The Daemon Whisperer, a tale of dystopian urban fantasy and first in The Liminals series, by Candice Bundy
– The Storm of Northreach, a fantasy/horror sequel to The Curse of Trouis, by Alan Edwards
– Alternatively, you could instead pick any one book already published in the Blood Skies series (Blood Skies, Black Scars, Soulrazor). I would imagine you’d already have those if you’re reading this…but nobody’s perfect. ;D
So there you go. Buy 1, get 1…you may not get the other book “just yet”, but you can go to sleep confident with the knowledge that you helped support some really talented and hard-working folks.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the books!
CROWN OF ASH
Eric Cross and his team have been to hell and back, but their journey isn’t over yet.
Marooned in the remote criminal city of Blacksand, the only way for the mercenaries to get home is to help a local crime boss protect his territories from the Ebon Cities.
To complicate matters, Danica Black is also being hunted by The Revengers, a powerful band of corrupt prison wardens, while Cross himself is trapped in the Whisperlands, a realm of darkness controlled by a cadre of evil mages known as the Shadow Lords.
The team will battle their way through corroding wastelands and deadly vampire outposts, but even their considerable skills might not be enough to save them from the cruel machinations of the Shadow Lord’s mysterious master, a malevolent creature who has manipulated their destinies right from the beginning…
Return to the world of The Black in Book 4 of the BLOOD SKIES saga!
About the Author
Steven Montano is a full-time accountant and the author of the Blood Skies series. He enjoys dark music, depressing cinema, cooking, hiking, and spending time with his crazy family. He lives in Washington, where he desperately prepares for the vampire apocalypse.
Visit Steven’s official website, bloodskies.com